What Is Perio Protect?
According to a recent CDC report, 47% of adults aged 30 years and older have some form of gum or periodontal disease. Many treatments for gum disease can be quite invasive. Following these procedures, patients need to take a round of antibiotics and in some cases, deep cleaning sessions are required to preserve the results of the treatment. If you want a less invasive but comprehensive gum disease treatment, Perio Protect is the answer.
Perio Protect is a minimally invasive gum disease treatment that combines deep dental cleaning and the use of a proprietary tray to administer the medication required to treat periodontal disease.
How Does It Work?
The Perio Protect Method works by using custom Perio Trays™ which are doctor-prescribed. Using the tray, a consistent amount of bacteria-fighting medication is delivered to the gums. The tray acts as a seal, so the medication goes straight into the pocket of the gum line where it’s the most effective.
The bacteria-fighting medication gently cleanses the pockets of the gum line, which leads to whiter teeth and fresher breath. The best part is that you only need to wear the trays for a few minutes each day.
What Does Perio Protect Do?
Here’s what Perio Protect can do for your oral health:
- Fights Gum Diseases – Also known as periodontal disease, gum disease is a condition where your gums are red, tender, swollen, and inflamed. If left untreated, gum disease can lead to tooth loss and can increase a patient’s risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and other serious illnesses. An at-home treatment like Perio Protect can keep bacteria away from your gum line and prevent gum disease.
- Whitens Teeth – Perio protect uses a low concentration of hydrogen peroxide, the same active ingredient used in many teeth whitening treatments. With regular use of Perio Protect for a few minutes every day, in a few weeks you’ll notice that your teeth are whiter. Even after the treatment, you can keep using the trays to keep your teeth white and healthy.
Benefits of Perio Protect
Why should you use Perio Protect trays for gum disease treatment? Below are some of the benefits of treatment:
- Minimally Invasive – These custom-made trays are designed to be minimally invasive. It’s suggested that patients wear the trays for only 10-15 minutes each day.
- Versatile – Perio Protect can be used to reduce the need for surgeries or as an effective complement to traditional dental treatments for more effective results.
- No Extra Equipment – Perio Protect trays are easy to use and training only takes a few minutes. Also, patients will not be required to purchase additional equipment or accessories.
Is Perio Protect Effective?
One of the best reasons to use Perio Protect is that it’s effective in treating periodontal inflammation at the source. Perio Protect goes after the source of the gum disease by administering bacteria-fighting medication below the gum line. When using Perio Protect, patients have experienced:
- Reduction in gum bleeding
- Whiter teeth
- Fresher breath
- Less tender gums
- Reduction in probe depth
Choose Perio Protect
The Perio Protect gum disease treatment is comfortable, convenient, and less invasive than other gum disease treatment options. Our patients in Rogers, Arkansas, love Perio Protect because it allows them to avoid expensive surgeries, painful scraping of the teeth, and injections, while allowing them to relieve the discomfort of gum disease with shorter appointment times.